Hethel Innovation are seeking a graduate who has a scientific degree, to join a new EU funded innovation project called Innovation New Anglia. The £1.57M three-year project will provide innovation-led support to small and medium-sized companies across Norfolk and Suffolk. The role is therefore part-funded by the European Union, European Regional Development Fund.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Innovation New Anglia team, but will be focused on Engineering and Manufacturing sectors, to support the continued growth of this enabling sector in the region.
Main Duties of the Role
- Delivering business support, using the tools and techniques developed in the region
- Brokering collaborations between universities and businesses
- Developing networks – organising events & meetings
- Marketing e.g. maintaining websites, developing brochures, event diaries, flyers, posters etc.
- Delivering training workshops
- Representing HIL at various events e.g. local careers events
- Research, report-writing, presentation-making and general administrative work
Salary and Location
The starting salary for the position will be £18,000, rising up to £24,000 with experience. Please note this position is part-funded by the European Union European Regional Development Fund. The position is a full-time, permanent position based at Hethel Innovation’s office at Hethel Engineering Centre, Norfolk. The successful candidate will be expected to travel in the region.
Formal line and performance management will be provided by Hethel Innovation and INA Management.
Full-time, permanent. We are looking for candidates with an immediate start date.
- An engineering or other technology-related degree, or with equivalent work related experience
- An excitement for exploring new areas of knowledge
- Real world experience of the innovation & product development process
- A track record of building strong networks
- A self-starting and motived attitude, with the ability to achieve great results within minimum supervision
- Good written English – the ability to express yourself eloquently
- The willingness to learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organisation
- The ability to meet deadlines and handle a busy workload
- The confidence to speak to new people
- Complete computer competency and willingness to learn new things e.g. websites
|Qualifications||Engineering or other technology-related degree||CV|
|Skills / Attributes||Excellent written and verbal communication skills
An excitement for exploring new areas of knowledge
Confidence to meet and present in front of new people
Ability to build strong relationships
Ability to multi-task, and manage a heavy workload
Excellent time management and organisational skills
Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
A self-starting and motived attitude, with the ability to achieve great results within minimum supervision
Complete computer competency, and willingness to learn new things e.g. websites
Good written English is essential
|Knowledge||Real world experience of the innovation & product development process.
A track record of building strong networks
|Understanding of the start-up process for businesses, and key components to a business plan||CV
|Qualities||A team-player, who is happy to work both with others and individually
Flexible and adaptable
|Circumstances||Current, full driving licence, with access to a vehicle
Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, when required
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Sophie Mayes, Innovation New Anglia Project Coordinator at: email@example.com
Please make it clear in your covering letter that you meet the essential criteria of the Personal Specification.