work for us
Regularly check this page for latest vacancies within the Innovation New Anglia team. If you are interested in any of the advertised roles below, then please contact Alice Reeve via email@example.com with your CV and Cover Letter for the relevant role.
Hethel Innovation are seeking a graduate who has an engineering or technology-related degree, to join a new EU funded innovation project called Innovation New Anglia. The £1.57M three-year project will provide innovation-led support to small and medium-sized companies across Norfolk and Suffolk. The role is therefore part-funded by the European Union, European Regional Development Fund which is available through to 2021.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Innovation New Anglia team, but will be focused on Engineering and Manufacturing sectors, to support the continued growth of this enabling sector in the region.
Main Duties of the role:
- Supporting local SME’s to grow and develop through our successful innovation toolkit
- Brokering collaborations between the research and private sector, supporting new discoveries and technology pilots
- Develop the renowned engineering and manufacturing network, NAAME through a variety of activities such as conferences and workshops
- Create marketing materials for the project and your network in order to increase our outreach and find new members/leads
- Deliver our hugely successful start-up masterclasses and help in the development of the next training programme
- Confidently and professionally represent HIL at various events such as national conferences, 1-to-1 meetings, consultations and open days
- Undertake a range of content creation such as mapping the future sectors emerging in the region, presentations to a variety of audiences on our region’s strengths and new business development tools
- Support the INA project with the day to day running of the programme and support offer
- Scientific degree, with strong analytical, logical, and empirical reasoning skills
- Understanding of resistant/advanced materials and industrial process
- An excitement for exploring new areas of knowledge including business development, project management, product development
- Real world experience of the innovation & product development process
- A track record of building strong networks, with confidence to meet and present in front of new people and ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A self-starting and motived attitude, with the ability to achieve great results and learn quickly within minimum supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to meet deadlines and handle a busy workload
- Complete computer competency, and willingness to learn new things e.g. websites, marketing brochures
- A team-player who is happy to work both with others and individually towards a common goal
Salary and location:
The starting salary for the position will be £18,000, rising up to £24,000 with experience. Please note this position is part-funded by the European Union European Regional Development Fund. The position is a full-time, permanent position based at Hethel Innovation office, at Hethel Engineering Centre, Norfolk. The successful candidate will be expected to travel in the region, and attend team meetings at Hethel Engineering Centre in Norfolk.
Required licence or certification: